Turkey meatloaf. Turkey meatloaf is a favorite in our house! Turkey meatloaf is a favorite in our house! This healthy meatloaf recipe, made with lean ground turkey is easy and delicious.
This Turkey Meatloaf recipe doesn't sacrifice any flavor. It's easy to make and is topped off with the most delicious glaze! Your family will love this heart healthy version of a classic American dinner. You can cook Turkey meatloaf using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Turkey meatloaf
- You need 1 lb of ground lean turkey.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of marjoram.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of basil.
- Prepare 1 bunch of small bunch of parsley, chopped finely.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped onion, white or yellow for milder flavor..
- Prepare 4 clove of garlic minced.
- Prepare 1 cup of breadcrumbs or can use 1/2 cup rolled oats to be healthier.
- You need 5 of grinds of pepper or about 1 tsp black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of brown sugar or 1/2 cup applesauce to be healthier.
- You need 1 of large squeeze ketchup, about 1/3 cup.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of diced or shredded carrots, for a different flavor, this is optional.
- You need 1/2 cup of diced celery, optional.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of fresh or dried sage, optional…will add a thanksgiving flavor.
Use ground turkey to make a delicious, leaner meatloaf! Turkey meatloaf gets an Italian flair through the use of Italian-style bread crumbs and Italian seasoning. Make it with grated zucchini and carrot for moisture and an extra serving of veggies, then brush some sweet chili sauce on top for flavor. Ground turkey recipes have a bad rep for being bland and boring.
Turkey meatloaf step by step
- Put oven at 325, cook for one hour. May need longer, I sometimes do 85 minutes! I don't like it soo moist!.
- Mix all ingredients, add egg last before Turkey meat. Gently mix in Turkey meat..
- Cover top of meatloaf with enough ketchup to cover so you can't see the meat. Coat pan in olive oil..
- Shape loaf in bread pan and cover for first 30 minutes, second half the last 20-30 minutes leave uncovered..
- Make sure Turkey is cooked all the way through before you eat it!! It will be moist if you do egg n applesauce n ketchup in the mix!.
But this meatloaf is LOADED with flavor. This is the best turkey meatloaf we've ever tasted. It's really moist and makes great sandwiches. Meatloaf takes a healthy turn with this Slow Cooker Turkey Meatloaf. This healthy turkey meatloaf recipe will leave you begging for seconds!