Pfeffernusse Pound Cake. My favorite of the Pfeffernusse recipes. it tastes like the ones my grandmother makes. Not a sweet treat but a wonderful spicy cookie. My husband loves Pfeffernusse and I had never made them.
Pound cake is like the little black dress of dessert. It's elegant in its simplicity; you can dress it up or down; and it's wonderful anytime. And a pinch of ginger wouldn't hurt either. :pastry studio: Pfeffernüsse Cookies after Williams-Sonoma Pfeffernusse. You can have Pfeffernusse Pound Cake using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pfeffernusse Pound Cake
- It’s 1/2 lb of butter (2 sticks) room temp.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of vegetable shortening (room temp).
- It’s 3 cups of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 5 of eggs (room temp).
- Prepare 3 cups of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of molasses.
- You need 1/4 cup of honey.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of cardomon.
- You need 1 tsp of nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cloves.
- It’s 1 tsp of ginger.
- You need 2 tsp of anise extract.
- It’s 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of Powdered sugar.
Find this Pin and more on Food by Amy. Peppernuts (or Pfeffernusse Cookies) are a traditional German cookie often made in Mennonite communities in the US. They are a highly addictive, tiny, crunchy cookie filled with warming spices. Russian tea cakes are also confused with pfeffernüsse, especially when dusted in powdered sugar. "Pfeffernusse: Spicy Holiday Cookies." Classic Pound Cake – A complete guide on how to make perfect, and delicious Pound Cake!
Pfeffernusse Pound Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour bundt or spring form pan..
- With mixer cream butter and shortening together. Add sugar and brown sugar a little at a time. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition..
- Stir dry ingredients together in a separate bowl (flour, cardomon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, cinnamon, pepper, salt and baking powder). Add to butter mixture alternating with milk..
- Add in molasses, honey, anise and vanilla extracts..
- Pour batter into greased and floured tube/bundt pan. Bake for 1 – 1 1/2 hours until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean..
- When cooled remove from pan and dust with powered sugar..
This classic pound cake is so easy and fool-proof, you can nail it even if you're a baking novice! This pound cake must be destroyed, too. But not until after you try it once! Nurse Betsy Pound Cake is a Candy Person who makes her first appearance in "Mortal Recoil." She is one of the few notable health care providers in the Candy Kingdom, the others being Dr. View top rated Pfeffernusse powdered sugar recipes with ratings and reviews.