Red Beans With Ham Hocks Instant Pot IP. Put the beans and ham hock in the Instant Pot with onion, garlic, chiles, salt, pepper, and water or broth. Twist to lock the lid, and turn the valve to sealing. Unlock lid, and remove ham hocks with tongs.
We have made this tons of times without it, and it is still very good! Traditional versus Instant Pot red I'll settle for some virtual high fives from you, internet friends!🙌🏻 I hope y'all enjoy this Instant Pot red beans and rice. How to add even more flavor. You can have Red Beans With Ham Hocks Instant Pot IP using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Red Beans With Ham Hocks Instant Pot IP
- It’s 8 Oz. of dried red beans.
- It’s 2 cups of broth.
- It’s 6-8 Oz. of Smoked sausage.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion.
- You need 1-2 stalk of celery.
- You need 1-3 of carrot.
- Prepare 1/2-1 of green pepper.
- Prepare 2 of Bay leaves.
- You need 1 tsp of thyme.
- You need 1 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1 of Tbl. Chili powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper (to taste).
- It’s 1-2 tsp. of Salt (to taste).
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 of thumb size fresh ginger.
Our recipe for red beans and rice is flavored with ham hocks or ham bones, along with optional sliced andouille sausage and aromatic vegetables. In the crockery insert of the slow cooker, combine the soaked beans with ham hocks or ham bone, bell pepper, celery, onion, carrot, Tabasco sauce, bay. If you have an Instant Pot, cooking red kidney beans in IP is so easy. I used fresh onion, celery and bell pepper, not frozen, but that probably doesn't.
Red Beans With Ham Hocks Instant Pot IP step by step
- These are the types of beans I am using. Half the bag in my case..
- Add dried beans to IP liner, after picking through them for debris..
- Add broth, it needs to cover dried beans by about an inch to an inch and half, adjust as required, the ingredients measurement is a guide line..
- Type of Sausage I am using.
- Ham Hocks I am using (half the package) boneless.
- Slice sausage, add to the liner with ham Hocks.
- Clean and cut veggies, I like a larger cut, add seasoning. Decision point – if you salt before you cook the beans they have a slight firmer texture, if you salt after the beans are cooked they have a softer texture. Add salt for the texture of beans you desire. Here for firmer, later for softer..
- Set IP to pressure cook for 50 minutes, high..
- I allow it to rest for 5 minutes after the cook time, just to make sure it has settled down inside, then quick release remaining pressure.
- Remove lid, remove ham hocks, debone (if needed) and shred, put meat back into pot, stir..
- We were eating this with bread, not rice. We wanted a thinner soup like constancy. It you want red beans & rice, you can either take a stick blender and beat up some of the beans, or use a corn starch slurry to thicken it..
You'll Enjoy Instant Pot Ham and Bean Soup Because: Super easy to make with simple ingredients. Instant pot ham and beans recipe featuring white beans with chunks of smoked ham hock. The pork adds both richness and smokiness to the Ham hocks ain't really all that familiar to a generation of folk and okra is always polarizing. My crew has been socialized over time to be open to okra given the. Tips for the Best Instant Pot Beans.