Upside Down Apple Carrot Cake. Upside-down cake has all the textures you could ever want. Starting from the bottom, it's got a moist and tender butter cake. This one is enriched with This version takes the classic upside-down cake and turns it on its head.
The last time this happened, dad swore like a sailor, threw the whole cake in the sink, and vowed to never attempt an apple upside down cake again. This Apple Upside-Down Cake features a caramelized apple topping and a cinnamon vanilla cake. Easy to make and perfect for fall! You can have Upside Down Apple Carrot Cake using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Upside Down Apple Carrot Cake
- Prepare 1 cup of flour.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of stevia-sugar blend.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 2 cups of grated carrots.
- Prepare 2 of apple (saved 12 thinly sliced, then minced the remaining).
- You need 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- You need 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of allspice powder.
- Prepare of lemon zest.
To thaw the cake, place it in the refrigerator overnight, then set it out for a couple of hours. The best part about the classic pineapple upside-down cake is its gooey fruit topping, and this fresh take on the beloved dessert is no exception. We replaced canned pineapple with fresh apple slices whose tart flavor is the perfect balance to a sticky-sweet caramel sauce. We don't like to play favorites.
Upside Down Apple Carrot Cake instructions
- Mix the dry ingredients: sifted flour, sugar, stevia-sugar blend, baking powder, baking soda salt and allspice..
- Mix separately the eggs and olive oil..
- Gradually pour the dry mixture to the wet mixture..
- Once mixed, add the lemon juice, lemon zest, carrots and minced apples..
- Arrange the apple slices into circular form at the bottom of the mold..
- Pour into a mold and put baked into a preheated oven at 200 degree C, for 30-45 minutes..
- Let it cool for 15 minutes..
- Turn the mold upside-down into a pan..
- (Optional) Add confectioner sugar and more additional shredded carrots for decorations..
Place a plate upside down on top of the pan, then invert the pan, flipping the cake onto the plate. This is our new favorite upside-down cake. This tastes like a spice cake crossed with a caramel apple and we are INTO IT. In the mood for more fall baking? In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt brown sugar, butter, vanilla.